Friday, September 4, 2015

It's September!

Our days are pretty busy, but here's a look at what's been happening...

 Elmo is still a big deal at our house. 
 I often wish I had Elmo on CD for when she gets upset in the car, but I haven't taken it that far yet!


 We watched a few redbox movies.  
We do not have Netflix, but pick up redbox movies from time to time.

 
 I didn't have any make-up brushes and got a set the other day...they're great!
The brand I got is called "Real Techniques" and you can find them at Walgreen's.
 

I decided to try out Gel polish...I tried the "Essie" brand I picked up at Target and the "Sally Hansen" brand my Mom had at her house.  I have never had the real "gel" stuff before so I can't compare it to that at all.  I don't like painting my nails and I am not very good at it either! It's hard to do your own nails isn't it? The Sally Hansen polish dried really fast, but the Essie seems to last longer. I did have the polish peal off when I put too much polish on, but when I redid them I didn't have that problem. They are both easy to take off, with just regular nail polish remover.  They both worked well, but I favor the Essie brand.


 I had been looking to try new recipes before my Dad passed away this year, but I just haven't done anything new yet for my Deborah's Dishes Blog. I'm not sure why other than it can be expensive to try new recipes at times and I haven't seen any that make me want to try it out either.  I did make some old recipes this week...none of which the kids like...Chicken Tetrazzini and homemade Mac & Cheese.
 



However... Ice Cream has been a winner around here!



                                       
 I got my hair cut...it's funny how fast your hair can get out of shape. 


 I finally have a "real" watch!  Anyone who knows ME....knows I have an extremely difficult time reading watches or clocks in public because of my dyslexia.  I'm so tried of having ugly digital watches (all my life)...so I decided to try wearing an analog one. Since I've gotten older I've learned not to care so much about being embarrassed over it.  The problem is that when I get "stressed" (someone asks me what time it is)...my dyslexia gets worse and I can't tell you what time it is...if I'm not nervous I can do it. 
It's strange how it works!


 Emily got crafty this week and made bracelets out of toothbrushes with her Meema!


I can't believe it's already September!  
We've been so busy with school and activities that it's been hard to make the time to blog.  

My goals for September!

Try to get things together so I can Scrapbook at church next month.

Drink more water!

Skincare (wash face with Soniclear at night)

Be Happy :)

No comments: