It's looking a lot like Christmas around our house! The Christmas Tree is UP!
We even got festive with decorating the steps and put wreaths up on the windows!
We've been counting down!
Hailey has been watching a lot of TV, but with her boo-boo there's not a lot for her to do. She's been reading books and coloring in my lap and we play with toys...when we get tired of being inside we go out shopping to take a ride in a buggy or stroller. Emily was playing "Heads-up" on her i pad after church with me...I've discovered I'm not good at guessing the answers!
We used my "fancy" glasses the other night at dinner. I don't know why I like 70s style stuff, but I do!
The above picture was taken 14 years ago on December 8th...when I got engaged.
I love it because it's a good picture of us with my parents.
It's no fun to not be able to run around! TV is boring!
She loved her little lamb "get well" gift!
Poor Hailey...thankfully she loves taking a bath...as long as you don't wash her hair :)
(Check out Frisbee (the Elf) telling Santa what he wants for Christmas!)
Frisbee (the Elf) has been moving all over the place!
It's so much fun having the kids do the work!
It's fun to see what they come up with.
Maybe next year I'll have to do it because Hailey might understand it all more!
The snack bowls you can buy at
the Dollar Store are really good...I have been so impressed with them
and they're working better than the more expensive ones I've used with
the kids in the past.
So Comfy...soft fur slippers...they were owls, so I couldn't resist them!
Target always has the best stuff!
I'll be glad when the kids have some time off for Christmas and don't have to do homework or study!
I have a thing for handbags right now...here's a look at my new favorite!
Happy Birthday to Me!
You can NEVER have too many handbags or shoes :)
Meet Eraser Josie
(Emily named the eraser in her pencil box) ha ha
Old Family Tradition
It's not a surprise to most, but I don't like CAKE. However, I always liked my Nannie's icebox fruitcake at Christmas time. It never turns out as good as hers...but yet again I'm trying to make it this year. I am not a cook, but this is pretty simple. You just need a cup of pecans, walnuts and raisins, a jar of cherries, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and a box of vanilla wafers. You just mix it all together and form it into a loaf pan...wrap it up with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and allow it to age in the refrigerator for at least a week. It can even be put in the freezer. My grandmother use to give all her boys (5 of them!) a loaf of fruitcake and of course a box of chocolate covered cherries...with a little money on top of it if it was a good year :) She also use to pick up toys and gifts from the Goodwill and wrap them and put them in a big bag....the cousins would each get a turn to pull out a grab bag gift! It was always fun, but I never ended up with a good gift! Ha ha :) I don't like chocolate covered cherries (I'm a picky eater ain't I), but they always remind me of my grandparents which is a sweet thing!

2 comments:
Hope I get a comment :)
Thank You for Your ""Gift"" of Happy Beyond ��☺️����☺️��
Post a Comment