The baby had her check-up this week! She had to get two shots and only cried after the second one which was in her arm. She loves Elmo and Sesame Street, so it helped that the Doctor hummed the tune to "Elmo's World" for her as he checked her out. It's only the nurses who are mean and poke you with needles! She weighed 23 pounds and her height was 31 1/2" which is all good!
Can't believe how fast July went by for us! I didn't do very well on my goals for the month. We definitely didn't get on a better sleep schedule. We will just have to push ourselves to get on one now! I did get my back-to-school shopping done early enough to not have to fight the crowds, which was nice this year. I haven't walked as much as I would have liked, so I'll keep that goal for August! I think the main goal for August will just be to get back on a schedule, and enjoy still being able to swim and be out in the sunshine on the weekends!
The kids had fun at Bass Pro Shop over this past weekend! Emily saw a pink & purple tackle box there she wanted...I'm pretty sure she wanted it for crafts. She also wanted a Pink Daisy BB gun ...oh good lord!
She batted her eyes, but didn't win out this time. It was fun to look at the fish tank, but Hailey was scared of it or either just didn't want to play along.
Sunday the children had their book-bags blessed up at the alter! The pastor reminded the children that as they go back to school that God also goes with them! Van is at the age he doesn't want to go up with the "little kids" but I'm thankful he did on Sunday, because I thought it was such a sweet thing! Since we have come back to Trinity he has paid more attention to the Pastor which I LOVE, but he sadly doesn't like Sunday School. Emily is now enjoying Sunday School but doesn't yet listen carefully to the Pastor's sermons. I am praying that more families with kids Van's age will join the church.
Mr. Wolfe takes photos every Sunday at church and here are two with the kids in them below:
Emily decided she wanted to cut her hair shorter for school! She liked the length and style of Selena Gomez's hair so we told the hair stylist, and Emily went for it! It turned out cute!
Here she is before the haircut modeling her new moto jacket for fall, she got on sale!
She can rock it!
AND...
She got some new kicks to match! Converse No Lace!
The baby needed a cool pair like her big sister :)
Just look at that face!
Enjoying ipads before school starts back up in the morning!
Hailey is so blessed to have such a sweet big brother and sister!
Ready or not...BACK-TO-SCHOOL!!
Emily said there were more girls than boys in her class! She seemed HAPPY!
Van seemed to have a good day too! He said, "My head hurts from learning so much!"
I think it's probably from not getting enough sleep :) ha ha

No comments:
Post a Comment